Day 9--June 29--Rest Day
No Riding
This was our first of four rest days. After a short but difficult ride on Monday I was ready for some time off. Boise was a better place to spend a day than some of the other towns we have been through. It's by far the largest city in Idaho and the capital but it definitely feels like a small town. We had to find our own food so we explored the restaurants and bars in the entertainment district on 8th St. Our hotel was downtown and very close to the Boise State football stadium which is (in)famous for the blue field I see once a year when they play the Humanitarian Bowl.
We all visited a very large local bike shop to stock up on spare parts and things we had forgotten. I also sent home some things I didn't need.
A number of the riders went for massages but had to have the establishment approved by the tour guides before they could go. (true)
This was our first of four rest days. After a short but difficult ride on Monday I was ready for some time off. Boise was a better place to spend a day than some of the other towns we have been through. It's by far the largest city in Idaho and the capital but it definitely feels like a small town. We had to find our own food so we explored the restaurants and bars in the entertainment district on 8th St. Our hotel was downtown and very close to the Boise State football stadium which is (in)famous for the blue field I see once a year when they play the Humanitarian Bowl.
We all visited a very large local bike shop to stock up on spare parts and things we had forgotten. I also sent home some things I didn't need.
A number of the riders went for massages but had to have the establishment approved by the tour guides before they could go. (true)



Comments
Post a Comment